Registration/Withdrawal Procedures

Registration and withdrawal procedures for students new to FCPS AND to James Madison HS.

Students who are not new to FCPS

If this is not a student's first year in FCPS and the student has not moved from the elementary schools that feed into Madison HS, they do not need to register. They are already registered within the system. If a student is already an FCPS student but has moved, the parent or guardian should contact Vianmarie Milan, our school registrar, at 703-319-2322 or to assure that the school records are properly transferred.  

Students who are new to FCPS

For students new to FCPS, before beginning the registration process, please view the FCPS boundary map to see which Fairfax County Public School serves a particular address. 

If you live within the Madison HS boundary map and are ready to register a new student, please contact Vianmarie Milan, our school registrar, at 703-319-2322 or to schedule a registration appointment.

**Note: Parent/guardian AND student must be present at the time of the appointment.**

What a new student to FCPS will need to register

Military Family Registration 

To help make your transition easier, Department of Defense (DOD) employees from each branch of service provide a School Liaison Officer or a point of contact. School Liaison Officers are the primary point of contact for school-related matters and assist military families with school issues.

Translation Services

Registration requirements documents and translations are available in Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Korean, Spanish, Urdu, and Vietnamese. For recorded information about registration, please call 703-204-6795

How to Withdrawal a Student

If you would like to withdraw your student from JMHS, please complete the top portion of this Student Withdrawal Form and submit it to Ms. Milan in one of the following ways:

  • Have your student drop it off in the Student Services office
  • Email it to @email
  • Fax it to 703-319-2470

In addition to completing this form, your student needs to turn in all textbooks and his/her laptop and charger.

Note: Student records CANNOT be released until this form and all materials are turned in.


Additional Information

Should you have any questions, please contact Vianmarie Milan, our school registrar, at 703-319-2322 or