Workshops for Students and Parents
College Access Fairfax hosts workshops throughout the year to help you plan and prepare. The workshops are open to parents and students of all ages and include both information seminars as well as one-on-one help to actually complete the FAFSA®. Individual schools will also host annual college planning nights. It’s never too early to start learning about how to pay for college! Checkout the College Access Fairfax calendar and read your school newsletter to find more information about events near you!
Financial Aid & Scholarship Websites
- Academic Common Market: Study in a specialized field at an out-of-state college. Pay in-state tuition rates.
- Big Future: College Board's scholarship search
- Career One Stop: Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor. Explore ways to pay for your education.
- Cappex: College and scholarship finder tool
- College Access Fairfax: A local non-profit organization dedicated to removing financial barriers to college
- CSS Profile: Financial aid application required by some colleges in addition to the FAFSA
- FCPS Financial Aid: Information and resources
- FAFSA: The U.S. Department of Education’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- FAFSA4caster: Provides a free early estimate of eligibility for federal student aid
- Fastweb: Connect to scholarships, financial aid and more
- Federal Student Aid: An office of the U.S. Department of Education
- FinAid.org: A comprehensive student guide to financial aid
- Financial Aid Glossary: NASFAA, National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- FSA ID Information: The FSA ID is the username and password that is used to access certain U.S. Department of Education online systems.
- Net Price Calculators: Use this College Board tool or visit each college website for its own calculator
- Niche: Find college scholarships, discover colleges and places to work
- RaiseMe: Find a clear path to college, earlier. Earn micro scholarships as early as 9th grade.
- Sallie Mae: Find scholarships for college
- SCHEV: Financial aid application deadlines for Virginia colleges
- Studentaid.ed.gov: The Guide to Federal Student Aid
- Unigo: Your connection to scholarships
- VA 529 Plans: College savings plan information
- WACE National Co-op Scholarships: Combine classroom-based education with practical work experience.
Opportunities offered by organizations other than FCPS are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or this school. Additional scholarships can be searched through the Financial Aid Offices of colleges and universities. This website is to share areas of interest. JMHS does not sponsor or endorse these opportunities or organizations.