2023-2024 School Innovation and Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year.
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
- James Madison High School
- Region 1
- Liz Calvert, Principal
High School Performance in Coursework
Goal: By June 2024, the % of students earning a C- or above as an end of course grade will increase by 4% from 92% to 96%.
- Strategy 1: Improve student engagement through consistent rigorous and relevant learning experiences.
- Strategy 2: Monitor student data and use data to determine need for intervention and additional support.
- Strategy 3: Increase student course success through Tier 2 interventions.
High School Progression towards Advanced Coursework
Goal: By June 2024, all students (G9-10) will have an academic plan to successfully complete at least 1 AP or DE class and/or consecutive CTE courses that will result in a certification upon graduation.
- Strategy 1: Expand learning that fosters student voice and choice to support student growth and agency.
- Strategy 2: Develop and monitor annual four-year course plans for high school beginning in 8th grade (or five-year course plans for some students with disabilities).
- Strategy 3: Increase opportunities for student reflection, goal-setting, and feedback that supports growth around content and Portrait of a Graduate skills.
Academic Growth and Excellence
Goal: By June 2024, all students at Madison will participate in a presentation of learning highlighting the growth in POG skills.
- Strategy 1: MAD Wings team will meet over the summer to reflect and refine programming for the 23-24 school year.
- Strategy 2: Build teacher capacity around advisory facilitation of student's POG portfolios for grades 9 to 11.
- Strategy 3: Build senior advisory teacher capacity around supporting students through the WINGS stages throughout senior year.
For additional information regarding this School Improvement Plan, please contact our school principal.