Back to School Information
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year!
Beginning of Year Action Items
- Review and/or update emergency information by logging into your FCPS 24-7 Parent Account using your SIS Parent account credentials. Once logged in, click on the @email link. Note: If you need to change an address, please contact Vianmarie Milan at @email.
- Review the Family Life Education materials and submit the Opt-Out form to the main office if desired. Out-out forms will be distributed to all students during the first week of school.
- Review the Welcome Letter from the school clinic. Visit the Clinic page of our website for more information including medical authorization forms. Submit any necessary forms to the clinic.
- COMING SOON: Student Rights & Responsibilities - These materials are currently being updated.
- MySchoolBucks.com is an easy way to set up student lunch accounts and make school-related payments for various items such as parking permits, library fees, dance tickets, and transcripts.
- Create an account if you haven't already done so.
- Need assistance submitting a payment? View our Quick Reference Guide
Avoid the lines! Beginning at 6:00 a.m. on August 22, all students will have access to their schedules in StudentVUE. This will allow students to access their attendance, class performance, demographic data, and course materials. StudentVUE can be accessed at https://sisstudent.fcps.edu/SVUE/Login_Student_PXP_OVR.aspx. Students can log in using their FCPS username and password. Students who are new to FCPS will not have access until school begins.
Lockers will be assigned to all 9th and 10th graders before the school year starts. Juniors and seniors will have the opportunity to request a locker.
Each student will have the opportunity to use a school-issued laptop both at school and home and experience high quality instruction and learning that incorporates digital tools in productive ways. An incredible responsibility comes with a digital transformation. It includes teaching as well as modeling digital citizenship, so our students adopt safe, smart, and responsible online practices. It also means empowering students to make healthy, balanced choices regarding their device usage. FCPSOn reinforces these practices within the learning process and beyond. Students are expected to bring charged laptops to school each day to fully engage in the learning when the tool is being utilized; loaners will not be provided for forgotten laptops. School-issued devices will be updated and maintained by FCPS.
An annual technology support fee of $50 will be charged to high school students. This fee will help ensure students have access to the technology they need by defraying the cost to repair and replace equipment and ensuring all students have the necessary laptops for testing. This fee will be invoiced in November through MySchoolBucks. Students who have Free and Reduced status and have given consent to share their FRM status for a waiver or reduction of the technology support fee will be charged $25 for Reduced status; the fee will be waived for Free status.
Students can pick up their laptops starting on August 6.
- View the available days and times for pick up.
- Visit the FCPS website for more information about FCPSOn
JMHS PTSA Information
- Letter from PTSA President, Beth Eachus
- Membership Form
- Academic Boosters Form
- An electronic directory will be provided to all Madison PTSA members. It will be password protected and mobile friendly. Should your family wish to opt-out of the directory, you may complete an opt-out form available through the PTSA website: http://www.jmhsptsa.org/
We do not have a common supplies list. Each teacher will post a list of needed class supplies outside of their classroom on the day of Fall Kickoff. Students will be able to walk the building and see which supplies they need.
The lists will remain posted through the first week of school.
We do not post bus schedules on the website for safety reasons. There will be hard copies of schedules at Fall Kickoff and there will always be one posted near Door 1.
For all things sports, visit warhawksports.org
Athletic Boosters sells the spirit wear. They will have tables set up at Fall Kickoff, Back to School Night, and all home varsity football games.
Complete and return this form to the Main Office. Note: Forms only need to be submitted if there is a change in a parent’s military connected status for a continuing student and for any newly enrolled student.