Madison Bridges Program
Summer of 2019 Bridges Program
James Madison High School is excited to offer our Madison Bridges Program to rising 9th grade students again this upcoming summer. This program is designed by Madison High School staff members to provide students with the essential background knowledge and skills that will help them have a successful transition to high school. It is designed for all incoming 9th grade students regardless of educational background.
The program will be held at Madison High School during two separate weeks. The times of the program will be from 8:30-11:30 am each day (lunch will not be provided). Students should only sign up for one session as they are the same session each week.
- Session 1: July 29 - August 2
- Session 2: August 5 - August 9
The skills we will focus on during this program will be time management, organizational skills, team building, and cooperative learning. The instructors of this program will include several Madison teachers, counselors, administrators, and current Madison students from our 9th Grade Madison Mentors program. Students, moreover, will be introduced to the four core curriculum areas and will have a preview of some of the academic topics covered throughout the school year. Lastly, students will be given ample opportunities to tour and explore the building that they will be attending for the next four years.
- The cost of the program is $100. You may pay by cash or check. If paying by check, please make it payable to “James Madison High School.” In addition to the actual program, the registration fee will include an original Madison Bridges T-Shirt and lunch on the Friday session. Space for the program is limited so please register early. Scholarships are available in cases of financial hardship; please contact Ashley Anderson directly to inquire (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to Register:
- To register your child, fill out this registration form and mail it back to Madison no later than Friday, June 14. Your application is not complete until both payment and registration are received. You may also drop your child’s registration off in the Main Office at Madison. You will receive a confirmation email when your form and payment are processed. Please allow 2 weeks for confirmation. A follow up email will be sent 2 weeks prior to the program start date.
- Parents will need to arrange transportation to and from Madison High School. Carpooling, walking, or biking is highly encouraged.
- Students are expected to attend all 5 days of the program. We cannot accept partial enrollment or payments.
We look forward to working with your child this summer. We are confident that your child’s experience in the Madison Bridges program will lead to a positive and successful high school experience.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact Ashley Anderson (email@example.com), one of our school counselors who directs this program.