Madison will host the PSAT 10 test for all tenth graders on April 19, 2021, free of charge.
**Sign-up coming soon**
2020 Student Guides: PSAT
The PSAT 10 Student Guides have pertinent information for testing, tips, and a practice test.
Who can test?
- Only tenth grade students will be permitted to test on April 19, 2021. Students will register through the school, NOT through the College Board. However, please encourage your child to set up a College Board account as they will receive access to their score reports through this account.
When/where is the PSAT?
- The PSAT 10 will be given on Monday, April 19, 2021 at Madison starting at 8:00AM. Encourage your child to check their school email for updates.
How long is the test?
- The PSAT is normally 2 hours, 55 minutes long; however, students with College Board-approved extended time will test longer. Due to COVID-19 precautions, breaks may be extended. Students testing with standard time should be done by 12:00. Students testing with 50% extended time should be done at approximately 2:30. Students testing with MP3 audio will test over 2 days.
Is food permitted?
- Fairfax County will be providing a grab and go breakfast and lunch option for all students. Snacks can be eaten during scheduled breaks. We request that snacks are peanut-free and carried in a clear Ziplock bag.
How can my student prepare for the PSAT?
- PSAT Student Guide which includes a practice test is linked above. This document is also available on the College Board website. The College Board has also partnered with Khan Academy to provide online practice: Official SAT® Practice.
How can my student apply for testing accommodations for the PSAT?
- College Board’s deadline for PSAT accommodation requests is February 12, 2021. Only students who have College Board approved accommodations will receive accommodations on test day. More information on applying for accommodations can be found here. For questions about the College Board accommodation request process, please contact our SSD Coordinator, Taylor Bartram, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will my student receive PSAT scores?
- Scores for the PSAT10 will be available online to students through their free College Board accounts 4-6 weeks after the test. Students can view scores via College Board at https://studentscores.collegeboard.org/home. Students who do not currently have a College Board account will need to create one to view scores.
What should my student bring to school on PSAT Day? Please note: We are not able to loan out pencils or calculators to students due to health concerns.
- A picture ID (school ID or driver’s license)
- A mask that must be worn the entire time they are in the building.
- Two or more No. 2 pencils- not mechanical
- Graphing Calculator
- Water and snacks. Snacks may be consumed during breaks. We request that snacks are peanut-free and carried in a clear Ziplock bag.
I have a question that is not listed above – who should I contact?
- Please contact our assessment coach, Jennifer Frate (@email) for more information regarding the PSAT.