Information and Updates about Madison's Renovation
Madison has embarked on a renovation project that has been years in the making. Despite being renovated in the early 2000’s, our enrollment is projected to outpace our building capacity. When construction is done, Madison will boast an expanded cafeteria and the addition of 14 classrooms, new conference areas, and a brand new library located on the new third floor. For more information on specifics, please see the renovation topics below.
- Two additions
- 3 story library and classroom wing
- Cafeteria expansion with second floor addition for two classrooms
- Secured vestibule and other life safety upgrades
- Design capacity: 2,500 students
- Construction Starts: February/March 2021
- Cafeteria Completed: Spring 2022
- Project Completions: Fall 2022
- The Kiss & Ride will be in back of the school. Cars must enter and exit from Sunrise Road off of Flint Hill Road.
- The Bus Loop will be in front of the school near the main gym.
- Students arriving late should enter the building at Door 1 through the main office.
- All visitors should have a pre-arranged appointment.
- Visitors should park in a designated visitor spot outside Door 1.
- Visitors should call the main office to let them know they have arrived. The main office will let the visitor know when it is okay to enter the building.
- Priority of student/staff safety
- Mobile safety team that travels from site-to-site
- Inspect for compliance with OSHA Construction and General Industry Standards, Fire Code, and general occupant safety such as student travel, separation of construction and occupants, and minimizing disruption of educational day
- Reports generated and given to FCPS project team and contractor for compliance
- Air quality checks when construction impacts occupied areas in the school to include temperature, carbon monoxide, dust, odors, etc.
- Most issues are able to be addressed within 24 hours
- COVID requirements:
- Face coverings are required
- Hand washing stations and/or sanitizer disinfectant stations are provided for contractor employees