Nominate Outstanding Faculty and Staff
Over the past few years, FCPS has made a concerted effort to recognize more and more excellent employees in our school system. Thus, the county has established annual Outstanding Employee Awards for both school based and central office employees. Beginning November 1st, parents, students, staff, and community members may submit a nomination for James Madison HS Outstanding Employees in the categories below. Please complete your JMHS nominations using this link: https://goo.gl/forms/9PEnUzo99ec1fqHG2
All that is required for the preliminary nomination is two paragraphs about how this employee demonstrates exceptional work in the criteria for their category. The online form for the awards has more information about the criteria.
The eligibility requirements as defined by FCPS are:
- Outstanding Teacher- a teacher or librarian with 3 or more years of experience in their field (combined years of service in any school)
- Outstanding New Teacher- a teacher or librarian with less than 3 years of total experience
- Outstanding Principal- a building principal with 3 or more years of experience (combined years of service in any school)
- Outstanding Leader- a school employee with at least one year of experience in the position; including School Based Technology Specialists, Assistant Principals, Director of Student Activities, Director of Student Services, Assessment Coaches, Career Center Specialists, Instructional Coaches, School Psychologists, School Social Workers, School Counselors
- Outstanding Support Employee- Administrative and Office Assistants, Custodial Staff, Food Service Staff, Instructional Assistants, Public Health Assistants
After all Madison nominations are received, a selection committee comprised of staff members, parents, students and community representatives will convene to select the Madison winner in each category. Those employees selected will then have their names sent forward to the Pyramid for potential awards at the Pyramid, Region and County levels.
All Madison nominations must be completed by Friday, December 1st. If you have questions about the process, contact: MadisonAwards@fcps.edu. Mr. Hood will also be working with the PTSA in the future months on adapting the Triple “I” Award process that we have traditionally completed at the end of the school year. If you are unsure of what category to nominate a Madison employee in, please complete the form and we will ensure that the nominee is considered in the appropriate group.