FCPSOn 1:1 Laptop Distribution for JMHS
Students at Madison High School will receive a school-issued Dell laptop and experience high-quality instruction and learning that incorporates digital tools in productive ways as part of the FCPSOn initiative! An incredible responsibility comes with digital transformation. It includes teaching as well as modeling digital citizenship so our students adopt safe, smart, and responsible online practices. It also means empowering students to make healthy, balanced choices regarding their device usage. FCPSOn reinforces these practices within the learning process and beyond. Students are expected to bring charged laptops to school each day to fully engage in the learning when the tool is being utilized; loaners will not be provided for forgotten laptops. School-issued devices will be updated and maintained by FCPS and many classes will require software that is only available on school-issued laptops based on licensing.
The calendar below outlines the dates and times that laptops will be available for STUDENTS to pick up over the summer. The student MUST be present to be issued their laptop; it will NOT be given to anyone else.
Important! Talk with your student NOW about having them make note of their password and put it in a safe place. Students will need to know their current password when picking up their device in order to sign on and to take their device with them.
If there is a group listed during a particular time slot, they will have priority. Please enter through Entrance 1 to begin the process.
The goal is for all students to have picked up their laptops PRIOR to the start of school; laptops will NOT be given out during instructional time the first week of school.
Laptops will only be issued during the designated times below due to scheduling logistics.
If you are in need of service hours for the summer or would like to volunteer (student or adult): http://tinyurl.com/JMHS-ROLL1920
Any questions, please email Kurt Kohls (Technology Support Specialist) at @email.
Available Times for Students to Pick Up Laptops:
Tuesday, July 30 (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- This is NO LONGER a pickup date. Friday, August 9 (see below) has been designated as the alternate date. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Tuesday, August 6 (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - All Students Welcome
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Football
- 10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. - All Students Welcome
- 10:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Bridges Students
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - All Students Welcome
- 12:15 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. - Cheer
- 12:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - All Students Welcome
Friday, August 9 (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - All Students Welcome
Thursday, August 15 (2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Field Hockey
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Girls Golf
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - All Students Welcome
- 4:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. - Band Students
- 4:45 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - All Students Welcome
Thursday, August 22 (3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
- 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - All Students Welcome