FCPS Laptop Collection
We are required to collect EACH student’s FCPS-assigned laptop by the end of this school year. For those students returning to JMHS in the fall, we will reimage each laptop this summer and students will receive their same laptop back in the fall.
Students attending an FCPS approved summer program will turn in their laptops at the designated times below. When turning them in, the student must alert the collector of the laptop that they have a summer program to attend. Those laptops will be prepared and then be ready for pickup from the main office within 48-72 hours after drop-off.
Guidelines for the collection of laptops:
- All SENIORS and/or students leaving JMHS must complete the following steps before turning in their laptops. ALL local files, bookmarks, and programs will be erased.
- All Students Returning to JMHS must complete the following steps before turning in their laptops. ALL local files and bookmarks must be backed up, as they will be erased during the reimaging process.
- Laptops must be returned free of stickers, markings and other drawings, or the student will be charged a $50.00 cleaning fee.
- Students should turn in their laptop and charging cord. Students should keep their case; we will not collect cases from students.
- If a student lost their laptop or their laptop cord, they should go to the JMHS Technology page to pay for the lost laptop or cord. Non-FCPSOn chargers will NOT be accepted, and students will need to pay for the missing charger. Payments will be made through MySchoolBucks. Students should bring a paper receipt from MySchoolBucks with them when they come to the laptop collection.
Seniors Only - Collection Dates & Times
- Wednesday, May 25 - after 3rd period at the 11:16 a.m. release in the Main Gym with the Cap and Gown distribution.
- If a senior student is unable to return their laptop on Wednesday, May 25, they may bring it to Convocation on Thursday, May 26.
Underclassmen - Collection Date
- Wednesday, June 8 - 4th period