Beginning of Year Event Schedule
New Student Orientation: Wednesday, August 21, 2:00-3:00 pm in the library
- This event is for students in grades 10, 11, and 12 who are new to Madison. Students will receive information about Madison and the upcoming year. The Welcoming Committee and student leaders will help provide tours.
Flight School Parent Program: Wednesday, August 21, 7:00-9:00 pm in the auditorium
- This "parent orientation" is for parents of incoming 9th graders. This program is conducted by our Student Services team and is designed to help guide parents of freshmen through the "nuts and bolts" of freshman year.
Flight School Freshmen Orientation: Thursday, August 22, 1:00-4:00 pm in the auditorium
- This event is an opportunity for the entire freshmen class to receive information to help them get prepared for the transition to high school. All freshmen should attend even if they participated in the Madison Bridges program. Some topics covered throughout the program include study skills, organization, time management skills, and getting involved. Students will also have a chance to get to know the building through guided tours.
Fall Kickoff: Thursday, August 22, 4:00-6:00 pm
- All grades are welcome at this event where students and parents can pick up valuable information and items including class schedules, PE uniforms, lockers (9th and 10th graders only), spirit wear, and parking permits for seniors only. Students can also walk the building to find their classrooms and search for other key locations. Many of Madison's clubs will share information with new and returning students. PTSA memberships, yearbooks, and other resources will be available for purchase. Additionally, our clinic will be open to receive any medications that need to be dropped off.
First Day of School: Monday, August 26
- Our bell schedule remains the same as last year, and we will begin on a Red Day. The school day runs from 8:10 am - 2:55 pm.
Senior College Planning Night: Thursday, August 29, 5:00-5:50 pm in the auditorium
- This presentation is for parents of seniors and will cover the details of the college application process.
Back to School Night: Thursday, August 29, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Parents are welcome in the auxiliary gym at 5:15 pm as tables will be set up for senior dues, PTSA membershpis, yearbook purchases, spirit wear, and much more. Teachers will begin their presentations in their classrooms at 6:00 pm, and the night will end by 8:15 pm. Parents will follow their student's schedule and have the opportunity to meet all their student's teachers. Please consider carpooling as parking will be crowded this evening.
Homecoming Weekend: October 4-5
- The parade will begin at 2:00 pm on Friday, October 4; students will be released from school at 12:55 pm. on this day. The football game will be at 7:00 pm against Falls Church High School.
- The dance will be from 8:00 to 11:00 pm on Saturday, October 5.