2022-23 Parking Information For Juniors and Seniors
If you are a JUNIOR, please fill out this form by August 17th to express your interest in a JMHS parking pass. The form is only accessible using your @fcpsschools.net email. Due to large senior demand, currently only gravel lot passes are available. Most likely, the interest for passes will be greater than the number of passes available and we will create a random lottery for the passes with everyone who has completed this form by the 17th included in the lottery. Juniors who apply at this time should already have their driver’s license or be receiving it by the beginning of school. Priority will be given to juniors who have an academy class for which there is no school transportation from and back to Madison.
The SENIOR parking form is now closed. If you completed the form you should have received the information below in an email. If you did not complete the form but are still interested in senior parking please email Steve Plunkett at @email. Please note:
- As a reminder, all students who are parking on school grounds will park in an assigned spot that corresponds to their hang tag number. The only unassigned spots will be for students parking in the gravel lot.
- Seniors may pick-up a parking pass on August 11, 12, 15, or 16 between 12pm and 2 pm at door 11. If you are not able to make any of those dates, passes may also be picked up at the fall kick-off on August 18 between 3-6. Passes will also be available at lunch on the first day of school.
- In order to pick up their pass, seniors must have proof of payment through myschoolbucks, either a printed receipt, emailed receipt, or screenshot of the receipt page, and a driver's license.
- A parent or sibling may pick-up a pass, they will still need payment confirmation and a photo of your driver's license, but friends are not allowed to pick up passes.
- When seniors come to pick up passes, they may choose which lot they would like their spot to be in on a first come first served basis: the back of the building between the baseball field and tennis courts (the “senior” lot), in the front and side of the building near the main gym, and as much of the lot exiting to Flint Hill Rd. (the “junior” lot) as needed. Students will not be able to choose a specific spot in a requested lot. Once a lot is full, students will be able to request between the two remaining lots until there is only one lot left.
- The number of seniors requesting a spot is higher than it has ever been. At this time I actually have more senior requests than numbered spots. I anticipate that I will get more spots soon, after we can repave and line the area under trailers 1,2 and 3 but until then some seniors who requested numbered spots will get a gravel lot pass.
- If seniors wish to exchange spots, both students need to see me with their parking passes after school begins.
- Because all non-gravel spots are now assigned if someone is in your spot PLEASE DO NOT park in another numbered spot. Park in the gravel lot and immediately let a member of our security team or the front office know and we will work to figure out who is in your spot.
Please email Steve Plunkett at @email if you have any questions.