Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.THIS WEEK AT MADISON WEEK OF 5/16/22 IMPORTANT INFO & EVENTS
Fairfax County Health Department Vaccination Clinic
- Friday, May 20, 9:00-3:00 in auxiliary gym
- Eligible students have been notified and will need to ensure they have submitted consent forms prior to May 20. Questions - contact Vianmarie Milan ([email protected]).
FCPS Laptop Collection
- We are required to collect EACH student’s FCPS-assigned laptop by the end of this school year. For those students returning to JMHS in the fall, we will reimage each laptop this summer and students will receive their same laptop back in the fall. See guidelines and collection dates here.
Graduation Walk (OPTIONAL)
- Wednesday, May 25 at 2 pm
- Seniors should wear their gowns if they want to visit their elementary school.
- No transportation provided.
- Elementary schools know to expect students at 2:00.
- This interfaith event will be held at Vienna Presbyterian Church on Tuesday, May 31 at 6pm. This year's theme is the following quote from Maya Angelou: “I encourage you to live with life. Be courageous, adventurous. Give us a tomorrow, more than we deserve.”
- The PTSA Executive Board has reached out to local faith leaders and asked them to participate but would greatly appreciate the support and guidance of our community. Traditionally, the Madison Baccalaureate ceremony is a time of thought and reflection guided by the words of our seniors as well as leaders of many faiths. Please email Beth Eachus at [email protected] with questions or if your senior or faith leader might be interested in speaking at this time-honored event.
- If your child needs to leave early, please send a note with your child to the attendance office in the morning. Office staff will give students a checkout pass. Students will not need to checkout through the attendance office when they bring a pass in the morning.
- If students do not have a note for early dismissal, parents are expected to come into the building to check their child out.
- Please avoid last minute checkouts after 1:30 as much as possible. This is a very busy time of day and it will take some time to get your child a pass from the office.
- Students should check their FCPS email frequently for important information about testing.
- Specific dates for SOL testing can be found on the Madison website.
- Only FCPS devices can be used for SOL testing. Students who have opted-out of a FCPS device will be provided a loaner computer the day of testing. Please make sure your student’s FCPS device is being brought to school on a regular basis so it can get the necessary updates prior to testing.
- Questions about SOLs? Please contact your child’s counselor or our assessment coach, Jennifer Frate at [email protected].
Reading SOL Rescheduled
- Due to a power outage that occurred on Thursday, April 28th we had to cancel the Reading SOL for some students. The makeup date will be Wednesday, May 18. More details will be emailed to students including the new test date, time, and their test location as we get closer to the test date.
Region info - www.novahsathletics.com
District info - www.concordedistrict.com
Seniors - Check your email for Senior Breakfast info - May 31, 2022
Monday, May 16
- Boys Soccer - District Quarterfinals @ Oakton vs Chantilly - 8:00
Tuesday, May 17
- District Tennis ind. & dbl finals @ Westfield - 3:00
- Softball - District Semifinals vs Westfield - 6:30
- Lacrosse - District Finals @ Fairfax HS - Girls vs. Oakton - 6:00 | Boys vs Centreville - 7:45
Wednesday, May 18
- Boys Soccer - District Semis @ South lakes - 7pm (tentative)
- Girls Soccer - District Semis @ Fairfax vs tbd - 7:30pm
- District Track - Day 1 @ Westfield - 5:30pm
- Jamnesty Concert - parking lot @ Door 7 - 6:30pm
Thursday, May 19
- Choir Concert - Auditorium - First Set (solos) 6:30pm, Second Set (solos and choirs) 7:30pm
- District Track - Day 2 @ Westfield - 5:30pm
- Orchestra Banquet @ 6:00 in Cafeteria
Friday, May 20
- Crew @ Stotesbury, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Softball - District Final vs tbd 6:30 (tentative)
- Girls Soccer - District Final (tentative)
- Boys Soccer - District Final (tentative)
Saturday, May 21
- Crew @ Stotesbury, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Prom @ State Theatre, 8:00 pm
Fairfax NAACP 2022 DMV Trade Jobs Fair
- On Saturday, June 4, 2022, from 11am-2pm for high school students interested in promising careers in the skilled trades. Several employers will be available to chat about paid job opportunities that include on-the-job training with little or no experience required. Interested students should view the event flyer and make sure to register today by visiting this link: bit.ly/DMVJobsFair
End of Year Medication Pick Up
- The school health room is reminding parents and guardians that all medication stored in the health room must be picked up no later than the student dismissal time on the last day of school June 10, 2022. Medications left in the health room after that time will be discarded. It is school policy that medications must be picked up by the parent or guardian. Medication cannot be sent home with your student. However, with parent or guardian permission, a high school student may transport over-the-counter medications to and from the school health room.
- Medication authorization forms for next school year may be obtained from the school or online at https://www.fcps.edu/resources/student-safety-and-wellness/school-health-services
Madison High School strives to create and maintain an identity affirming learning environment where our students embrace, support, and encourage each other where multiple forms of identity (i.e. race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or disability) are recognized and regarded as assets for teaching and learning. We work to ensure school is a place where students feel safe and can be themselves. We do not tolerate hate speech, racist speech, bias, or acts of discrimination in our school. We want all students to feel a sense of belonging. We want to see all students thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We are committed to learning, growing, and building the best Madison High School for all our students. We are One School - One Community - One World.